PERCUSSION SUPPLIES INFORMATION
All drummers need to have the following equipment by the end of September.
1) A stick bag or box: may be commercially made or creatively home made, but you must have something in which to keep your sticks (all the pros do and it reduces the chance of theft!) Click here for one way to make a stick bag.
2) One pair of medium weight snare drum sticks (not really thin jazz or rock sticks, nor really thick marching sticks). Examples are:
3) One pair of medium weight timpani mallets (ex: Vic Firth T1 Generals).
4) One drum key.
5) One pencil in your bag.
SYMPHONIC BAND MEMBERS also need:
6) One pair of xylophone mallets: either medium yarn or medium rubber. Yarn mallets, although slightly more expensive, are more versatile and are especially good for suspended cymbal rolls.
7) A pair of wire brushes and/or a second pair of timpani sticks -- either softer or harder than you have now.
All percussionists should bring his/her stick bag to every rehearsal.
Please have all equipment by the end of September. Don't wait too long to get started, 'cuz sometimes some items have to be ordered.
Strike Up The Band in Natick is carrying stickbags & mallets for us. Strike Up The Band is at 5 Washington Street - 508.655.9223. You may fill out the percussion order form and send it, and a check, to Strike Up the Band, or email them with your request and leave the check with me. All equipment from Strike Up the Band may be either picked up at the store or you can have it delivered to the school and I will give it to our young percussionist.
You may also try other local music stores (Liberty Music in Saxonville, Sudbury Music on Rt. 20, Centre Music in Framingham and are all nearby - click for more info on local music stores) or Leonard's Music. Leonard's will also drop off equipment at the school.
Print this page so you will have it with you for your shopping.
Click here for
one way to make a stick bag.